Travel to and from Finland
As of 28 December 2021 all passengers from all countries are required to show a negative COVID-19 test certificate issued less than 48 hours before their arrival in addition to proof of a full course of vaccination.Please, check updated guidelines of traveling to/from Finland here.The approved Entry Conditions to Finland for travelers arriving from outside the EU and Schengen area as of 21st December 2021
Finnish Government decides on new COVID-19 restrictions
The new restrictions are also in effect in Pyhä. The restrictions will take effect 24.12. and more tighter restrictions will take effect 28.12. More information about the new restrictions you can read here: Press release 21.12.2021.For these reasons be prepared to special organisations in the companies while visiting our area. Be prepared to show you COVID-19 passport or other parallel documentation (information about the vaccines brands, accepted in the EU, and the dates when vaccined was given). We also recommend to use a face mask. Thanks for the cooperation!
When planning a holiday in Luosto:
Do not travel if any symptoms like this occur:
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- muscle pain
- runny nose
- Loss of the sense of smell and/or taste have also been reported as symptoms of a COVID-19 infection.
When on holiday still remember to protect yourself and others:
- Wear a mask in public transport, where close contacts cannot always be avoided. Put the mask on your face well before stepping on board a public transportation vehicle.
- Avoid crowds and maintain at least a one to two-metre distance from other people. This applies especially indoors.
- Wash your hands with water and soap often and carefully, for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if washing your hands is not an option. Hand sanitizer is available in area's service points.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- Cough and sneeze into a disposable tissue and put the tissue in the bin immediately after use. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve, not into your hands.
DOWNLOAD THE KORONAVILKKU-APPLICATION
Koronavilkku is a contact tracing app produced by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) to help you find out whether you may have been exposed to coronavirus. If you have a coronavirus test and are diagnosed as infected, you can use the app to share this anonymously with those you have been in close contact with. Your privacy is strongly protected.
More information and dircetions how to download here: https://koronavilkku.fi/en/
POSSIBLE INFECTION WHILE YOU ARE IN LUOSTO?
If you are suspected of having corona virus or seasonal influenza infection that requires treatment while you’re in the Luosto, immediately contact healthcare provider by phone and follow the instructions you have received.
Call +358 40 128 5295, Sodankylä Municipality Corona Counseling, open daily from 8am to 7pm. Do not spread a potential virus by visiting your health center, but wait and follow the instructions given over the phone.
Stay indoors while the test is being processed, usually the COVID19-test result will take 2-3 days.
Do not spread a potential virus by visiting your health center but wait and follow the instructions given on the phone. In case you are facing a normal flu symptom, you may stay at home treatment. Please do not spread exposure to others by restricting your visits to public areas. Avoid contact with other people and crowded places.
More information about the Current corona virus situation in Finland: www.thl.fi
Information updated 15.9.2020