Travel to and from Finland
As of 28 December 2021 all passengers from all countries are required to show a negative COVID-19 test certificate issued less than 48 hours before their arrival in addition to proof of a full course of vaccination.
Please, check updated guidelines of traveling to/from Finland here.
Finnish Government decides on new COVID-19 restrictions
The Government has amended the decree that restricts the activities of food and beverage service businesses due to the COVID-19 epidemic. From now on, all food and beverage services businesses must close at 18.00. In addition, the restrictions on the use of the COVID-19 passport will be extended until the end of January. More information: https://valtioneuvosto.fi/en/-...
For these reasons be prepared to special organisations in the companies while visiting our area. Be prepared to show you COVID-19 passport or other parallel documentation (information about the vaccines brands, accepted in the EU, and the dates when vaccined was given). We also recommend to use a face mask. Thanks for the cooperation!
When planning a holiday in Luosto:
- Do not travel if any symptoms like this occur: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, muscle pain, fatigue runny nose, nausea, diarrhea. Loss of the sense of smell and/or taste have also been reported as symptoms of a COVID-19 infection.
- Make sure you follow all the rules your own region has issued. It is necessary to use face masks on all public transport and in indoor areas where safe social distancing cannot be adhered to.
- For a couple of weeks before the beginning of your trip, try to avoid all situations where you could be exposed to the coronavirus. Situations such as these are all public gatherings where safe distancing cannot be guaranteed. For instance, bars, shopping centres and group sports and pastimes. You must also avoid these situations while you are here.
- Only come here if you are healthy. If you become ill while you are here, even with the slightest of symptoms (e.g. sore throat, runny nose, cough, diarrhoea, changes in taste and smell), you must immediately go to the nearest coronavirus test station and remain in quarantine until you have received your test results.
- If you meet anyone belonging to a risk group, make sure that everyone wears face masks for the entire duration of the visit.
When on holiday still remember to protect yourself and others:
- Wear a mask in public transport, where close contacts cannot always be avoided. Put the mask on your face well before stepping on board a public transportation vehicle.
- Avoid crowds and maintain at least a one to two-metre distance from other people. This applies especially indoors.
- Wash your hands with water and soap often and carefully, for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if washing your hands is not an option. Hand sanitizer is available in area's service points.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- Cough and sneeze into a disposable tissue and put the tissue in the bin immediately after use. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve, not into your hands.
DOWNLOAD THE KORONAVILKKU-APPLICATION
Koronavilkku is a contact tracing app produced by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) to help you find out whether you may have been exposed to coronavirus. If you have a coronavirus test and are diagnosed as infected, you can use the app to share this anonymously with those you have been in close contact with. Your privacy is strongly protected.
More information and directions how to download here: https://koronavilkku.fi/en/
POSSIBLE INFECTION WHILE YOU ARE IN LUOSTO?
If you are suspected of having corona virus or seasonal influenza infection that requires treatment while you’re in the Luosto, immediately contact healthcare provider by phone and follow the instructions you have received.
Do not spread a potential virus by visiting your health center but wait and follow the instructions given on the phone. In case you are facing a normal flu symptom, you may stay at home treatment. Please do not spread exposure to others by restricting your visits to public areas. Avoid contact with other people and crowded places.
Pyhä Doctor Service Bene
COVID-19 ANTIGEN TEST, RAPID TEST
The price of the test is 55 € / person and to get the result takes about 15-20 minutes.
COVID-19 PCR TEST
The price of the test is 160 € / person and the result is available within a day.
In both tests, a test certificate is included in the price.
Appointments for the test must be made by phone in advance,tel. +358 40 123 9923.
Times will be given Mon-Sun for you from 10am to 6pm.
If you're Finnish citizen you can get tested in public health care centers. Contact information below:
Pelkosenniemi health care center tel. +358 40 563 8131.
Open daily 8:00-13:30.
Sodankylä welfare center Sopukka tel. +358 40 128 5295
Sopukka is open Mon - Fri from 8 am to 12 noon.
Kemijärvi welfare center Lapponia tel. +358 - 40 579 9243.Lapponia is open Mon-Sun from 8 to 14.Please book the time to the test online: https://kemijarvi.eaika.fi/cov...
Result of the COVID19-test are obtained within a day, and while waiting the test result the patient should stay indoors, in quarantine like conditions.
COVID-19 testing facilities opened at airports in Northern Finland
9lives, a Finnish healthcare company, opens COVID-19 testing facilities at the Oulu, Rovaniemi, Kuusamo, Kittilä, and Ivalo airports in Northern Finland. The facilities will be available through the tourist season in the North, till the end of April, if necessary.The airport testing facilities serve mostly travelers from abroad who need to be tested either entering or, above all, leaving the country. 9Lives provides rapid antigen tests whose results will be available in about 30 minutes as well as PCR tests that take approximately 24 hours to give a result. A test can be booked at korona.9lives.fi.
9Lives also collaborates with tour operators. The company can provide COVID-19 testing to large groups in hotels by setting up a temporary testing facility in, for example, a meeting room in the hotel. 9Lives is happy to give an offer on this type of testing to tour operators and groups.For more information - korona.9lives.fi
More information about the Current coronavirus situation in Finland: www.thl.fi