Travel to and from Finland
Please, check updated guidelines of traveling to/from Finland here.
From 1.3.2022 Restaurant have been lifted:
Restrictions on the opening and alcohol serving hours as well as restrictions on the number of customers and customer seats in restaurants have been lifted.
General hygiene guidelines for restaurants:
The obligation to observe the general hygiene guidelines and to keep a safe distance will remain in force in all regions until the end of March.
- Restaurants must clearly inform people arriving there that a person with symptoms consistent with a COVID-19 infection is not allowed to enter the premises.
- Restaurants must make sure that there is no unnecessary congestion in their premises.
- Restaurants must ensure that the premises and surfaces are cleaned and that customers are given the opportunity to clean their hands.
- Restaurants must draw up a written plan on how to implement the obligations and restrictions laid down for their activities.
More information: https://valtioneuvosto.fi/en/information-on-coronavirus/current-restrictions/restaurants
We do recommend to use a face mask. Thanks for the cooperation!
When planning a holiday in Luosto:
- Do not travel if any symptoms like this occur: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, muscle pain, fatigue runny nose, nausea, diarrhea. Loss of the sense of smell and/or taste have also been reported as symptoms of a COVID-19 infection.
- Make sure you follow all the rules your own region has issued. It is necessary to use face masks on all public transport and in indoor areas where safe social distancing cannot be adhered to.
- For a couple of weeks before the beginning of your trip, try to avoid all situations where you could be exposed to the coronavirus. Situations such as these are all public gatherings where safe distancing cannot be guaranteed. For instance, bars, shopping centres and group sports and pastimes. You must also avoid these situations while you are here.
- Only come here if you are healthy.
- If you meet anyone belonging to a risk group, make sure that everyone wears face masks for the entire duration of the visit.
When on holiday still remember to protect yourself and others:
- Wear a mask in public transport, where close contacts cannot always be avoided. Put the mask on your face well before stepping on board a public transportation vehicle.
- Avoid crowds and maintain at least a one to two-metre distance from other people. This applies especially indoors.
- Wash your hands with water and soap often and carefully, for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if washing your hands is not an option. Hand sanitizer is available in area's service points.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- Cough and sneeze into a disposable tissue and put the tissue in the bin immediately after use. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve, not into your hands.
POSSIBLE INFECTION WHILE YOU ARE IN LUOSTO?
Do the Coronavirus symptom checker.
Fill in this form if you suspect that you have caught coronavirus. Answer the questions carefully and truthfully. This form will help you check whether you might have a coronavirus infection. It gives you advice whether you need to see a doctor or a nurse. It also gives advice on how to stop the virus from spreading.
Pyhä Doctor Service Bene
COVID-19 ANTIGEN TEST, RAPID TEST
The price of the test is 55 € / person and to get the result takes about 15-20 minutes.
COVID-19 PCR TEST
The price of the test is 160 € / person and the result is available within a day.
In both tests, a test certificate is included in the price.
Appointments for the test must be made by phone in advance,tel. +358 40 123 9923.
Times will be given Mon-Sun for you from 10am to 6pm.
Contact information for Public Health Care centres below:
Sodankylä welfare center Sopukka tel. +358 40 128 5295Sopukka is open Mon - Fri from 8 am to 12 noon.
Pelkosenniemi health care center tel. +358 40 563 8131.
Open daily 8:00-13:30.
Kemijärvi welfare center Lapponia tel. +358 - 40 579 9243.Lapponia is open Mon-Sun from 8 to 14.
COVID-19 testing facilities opened at airports in Northern Finland
9lives, a Finnish healthcare company, opens COVID-19 testing facilities at the Oulu, Rovaniemi, Kuusamo, Kittilä, and Ivalo airports in Northern Finland. The facilities will be available through the tourist season in the North, till the end of April, if necessary.The airport testing facilities serve mostly travelers from abroad who need to be tested either entering or, above all, leaving the country. 9Lives provides rapid antigen tests whose results will be available in about 30 minutes as well as PCR tests that take approximately 24 hours to give a result. A test can be booked at korona.9lives.fi.
9Lives also collaborates with tour operators. The company can provide COVID-19 testing to large groups in hotels by setting up a temporary testing facility in, for example, a meeting room in the hotel. 9Lives is happy to give an offer on this type of testing to tour operators and groups. For more information - korona.9lives.fi
More information about the Current coronavirus situation in Finland: www.thl.fi