Tasty food with a chill twist and excellent flavors! Plump pastries and delicious bread rolls from the glass vitrine combined with refreshing drinks from the bar! Relaxed atmosphere by the fireplace.
Sustainability in our company:
Support your local, by eating local. In restaurant Punakettu we try to do our best to support local, Lappish producers whenever possible. Our ingredients come from:
- Reindeer meat from Orajärvi family farm Maijala
- Lappish cheese from Kerkelä Kemijärvi
- Bakery crust and hamburger bun from local bakery Kiuaspulla, Kemijärvi
- Hard cheeses ”Kiutaköngäs” and ”Särkiköngäs” from Kuusamo
- Fish from Kiveliön kala, Sodankylä
- Beef burgers and pyre´s from Lapin Krassi, Rovaniemi
- Arctic Ice ice creams from Rovaniemi
- Craft beers of Lapland Brewery from Rovaniemi
Everything does not have to be new and shiny. The decoration in our restaurant are mostly second hand finds. The wall decorations is made by a local artist. We are proud from our personal and cosy interior.
No big ad agency in Helsinki. The visual identity of the restaurant ( logos, menus, advertisements) is by a local graphic designer from Sodankylä.
Green Key sertified company
Green Key award is the leading standard of excellence in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation within the tourism industry.